Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A New Beginning

2015 is almost here. Beginning of a new year always brings with it a bitter sweet anticipation as to what surprises it holds. Sometimes your past experiences helps you move towards a new start.
They say that we should let go of our past and look forward to the future. But I think that you learn a great deal from the past experiences. It stops you from repeating the same mistakes. It molds you into a better person.

My experiences in 2014 have helped me in understanding myself better and I have learnt to accept myself as I am. I have realized that nobody can be perfect and those little imperfections are what makes me me. 

I am not perfect, but I revel in my imperfections
I have been burnt, but I have learned to rise from the ashes
I have cried, but I have learnt to wipe the tears and face the world
I have been gripped with fear, but I have learnt to move on even then
I have been crushed under the weight of self-doubt, but I bore it and did what I had to do
I have been tormented by my past, but I never lost hope and strived towards a new beginning.

Happy new year 2015 to everyone :)

(This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda)



4 comments:

  1. It defines who we are. Being yourself is one of the good things. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year...new day...new every moment to you/us .. changing times :) this time you have inspired me....to be me with all my imperfections...:) Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too. Glad you liked it :)

      Delete